Saturday, September 12, 2009

Chelsea, Yeah?

Oh what a beautiful day! Innit? Something about a weekend that fills you with positivity, even a person like me who doesn't have a regular job, looks forward to it and I have a sneaky feeling football has got everything to do with it. But today, I  think will be an exceptionally good day for I found something stellar....and God knows we, 'the mighty fans of the mighty blues', could use some positive news after that nightmare of a ban . Also, we lost Deco to injury for a week or probably more, I just couldn't take any more of the bad news so didn't read the news about his injury... only the headline and I was ready for some chocolate! (Oh boy, could I blame FIFA for the pound I put on?)
I went on a quest for positivity, and like always when you go looking for positives (or trouble), you find them. It was right there on my desktop- the fixtures list. The common perception of all the 'haters' (read people who are rooting for Chelsea to slip-up) is that Chelsea will have a tough time coping in January when our African players are off to play the 2010 African Cup of Nations. Hah! (and my sincere apologies for dashing your hopes... Not!). Here are our fixtures for January: Hull City (A), Sunderland (H), Birmingham City (H) and Burnley (A). Blimey! Surely the likes of John Terry, Frank Lampard,Michael Ballack Ashley Cole, Carvalho, Deco, Joe Cole, Nicholas Anelka must be terrified of Burnley!  Another feel-good factor in this fixture list...imagine how it must be bugging Sir Alex. Also, we are going to send Stoke packing today. Chin-up all ye Chelsea fans for its a beautiful day.

This video never fails to amuse... positivity, yeah?